skip to main content
Accident Insurance

Accident Insurance

Flexible Employee Personal Accident Insurance Scheme

Quest Employment offers all flexible employees the opportunity to participate on a voluntary basis in a personal accident insurance scheme.

Life is never straight forward so we believe in offering our workers some protection should they be injured in the workplace.

What is Personal Accident Insurance?

By joining the Scheme, you will be provided with personal accident insurance.  The insurance provides you with essential financial support and compensation, in the instance of genuine occupational accidents that occur whilst working at authorised contract sites of employment or whilst commuting to and from the site.

The policy is designed to pay benefits following major accidents that prevent you from working for periods in excess of 4 weeks.  No benefits are payable for the first four weeks, known as the initial period.

Temporary total disablement benefits are payable up to a maximum of 48 weeks, after the initial period expires.  The scheme is arranged and managed by Hallsdale Insurance Brokers Limited on your behalf if you decide to participate.

If you have previously joined the Scheme but you wish to leave, please request and complete an Opt-out Form from your local branch.

Why do I need the cover?

Workplace accidents killed 147 people between April 2018 and March 2019.

Around 581,000 other injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey as a result of a workplace
accident in the same year and around 69,208 of these were classed as major accidents causing over 7 days absence
from work.

What is covered whilst you are at work or commuting:

  •  Death by an Accident   
  •  Permanent Loss of Limbs 
  •  Permanent Partial Disability
  •  Permanent Loss of Sight, Speech or Hearing 
  •  Permanent Total Disability
  •  Temporary Total Disability

The above is available to all flexible employees that pay into the scheme. For further information or for a copy of the Terms & Conditions that relate to the scheme, please contact your local branch.