Job Title / Position: Maintenance Assistant
Job Ref no: MA/0001
Position Type: Permanent
Branch Location: Recruitment agency in Corby
Work Location: Kettering
up to £30,000
Shifts / Hours: Night Shift: Work a 10-hour shift on a rotating schedule, from 7 pm to 5 am and 8 pm to 6 am.
We are seeking an Engineering Assistant to join our client based in Kettering. As a Engineering Assistant you will play a crucial role in ensuring the reliability and efficiency of equipment, machinery, and facilities. Your primary responsibility will be to oversee and maintain smooth production operations by promoting addressing any technical issues
- Responsible for the maintenance of all machinery, including conveyor belts (training will be provided).
- Follow and adhere to the machinery's service schedule, ensuring alignment with manufacturer guidelines.
- Take charge of on-site repairs in case of breakdowns.
- Manage the procurement and maintain an accurate inventory of spare parts.
- Perform a daily equipment inspection before the start of each shift.
- Create a comprehensive inventory of on-site tools, implementing a sign-in and sign-out system for high-value items.
- Promptly report any issues or concerns to the Head of Maintenance.
- Maintain an adequate supply of necessary materials on-site while maintaining meticulous records.
- Report any instances of machinery misuse to the Head of Maintenance.
- Keep the work areas clean and free of loose materials.
- Actively report health and safety concerns to the Head of Maintenance or Health & Safety Manager.
- Ensure that maintenance visitors comply with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, including footwear, and sign in at the reception.
- Provide a thorough handover to the night or day shift teams.
- Experience with optical sorters, ballistics, and conveyor belts is a plus.
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices would be desirable
- Previous industry experience is beneficial.
- A proactive and optimistic outlook
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a new team.
- Competitive Salary, dependent on experience, up to £30,000
- Free parking
Night Shift: Work a 10-hour shift on a rotating schedule, from 7 pm to 5 am and 8 pm to 6 am.
Quest Employment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment.
Date Advertised: 19 January 2024
Date Closes: 23 February 2024